This book, authored by Ozan Koseoglu and Yusuf Arayici, is an extended case study of the implementation of BIM on the new Istanbul Airport project, which is now in operation and is currently the world's largest airport terminal building under a single roof. Given that the project is relatively recent, the choice to use BIM for it is hardly surprising—after all, why would any venture not want to deploy newer and more advanced technologies that are available rather than use older and outdated technologies? Thus, the book is notable not because it tells us why BIM was used for this project, but how.
This article provides an overview of how the BIM-FM integration was done on the new UCSF (University of California, San Francisco) Medical Center in Mission Bay. The effort has taken years, but it is finally ready and in use in the real-life operation and maintenance of the hospital.
This article starts 2020 by looking back at the last two decades and summarizes which applications have stood the test of time and which did not make it. It is based on my own experience of being in the AEC technology industry for over 15 years.
Svigals + Partners, an architecture, art and advisory firm describes the implementation of AEC technology on its "Beehive Bridge" project, a 265-foot-long highway overpass in in New Britain, CT.
Kayleigh Houde, a computational engineer who spearheads the Computational Collective at BuroHappold, shares her experiences and insights on AEC technology in this Profile.
Layer is a new AEC application launched to address what seems to be an obvious need in the industry—organizing and integrating the vast amount of disparate data that is typically collected on site during the retrofit or construction of a building project.
- Schedule a demo of TonicDM: Project File Management Software for Architects & Engineers. >>
- Vectorworks Design Summit Keynote Speakers Announced: CEO and First-Ever Entertainment Design Keynotes. >>
- Bentley Systems Call for Nominations for the Year in Infrastructure 2020 Awards Program. >>
- Advanced BIMcollab issue reporting using Power BI. >>
- Deltek recognized for the third year in a row J.D.Power for providing "an outstanding customer service experience." >>
- ASAP Wins with ARCHICAD. >>
- Newforma webinar on Feb 26: Ask the Experts -- Why are Firms Still Burdened with Administrative Tasks? >>
- Microsol Resources webinar on Feb 27: Generate Renderings, Animations & Real-Time VR Walk-Throughs Using Enscape. >>
- Artlantis 2020 LIVE webinar on March 4. >>
- The Wild Releases New BIM Tools for AEC Teams to Collaborate in VR/AR from Anywhere. >>
- Strengthening Solibri Sales Organization – Creating a Digital Future of better builds. >>
- The Software for project management in construction STR Vision CPM. >>
- New Features in ElumTools lighting plug-in for Autodesk Revit: New Calculation Point Commands, Horticulture Lighting, Improved View Results, and more. >>
- IES Awarded Scottish Government Funding to Tackle Climate Emergency with AI. >>
- 3D Repo Secures Major £2.3m Investment. >>
- Award-winning AECO Companies use Ideate Sticky to Handle Non-BIM Data with Ease. >>
- On demand Webinar: Why detailers already use Tekla Model Sharing? >>
- ARCHVISTA offers Artlantis 2020 Upgrade. >>
- ALLPLAN appoints Dr. Detlef Schneider as new Chief Executive Officer. >>
- 4MCAD: The Smart Alternative to AutoCAD. >>
- CIBSE Design Summer Year and Test Reference Year Weather Data Now Available in Trimble's Sefaira Building Analysis Software. >>