This article presents a summary of the key technology updates that Bentley shared at its recent Year in Infrastructure conference, with a deeper dive into the Digital Twins and Digital Cities concepts that Bentley introduced and is championing.
This review explores the new features for improved modeling, coordination, productivity, and performance in ARCHICAD 23, including revamped Beam and Column tools, a new Opening tool for modeling mechanical voids, and an initiative to open up the application to more custom development by significantly expanding its APIs.
Leading UK main contractor nmcn found that handheld 3D laser scanning is affordable enough to allow them to perform multiple scans on each site and get the data they need to perform advanced analytics.
Svigals + Partners, an architecture, art and advisory firm describes the implementation of AEC technology on its "Beehive Bridge" project, a 265-foot-long highway overpass in in New Britain, CT.
Earlier this summer, Solibri, the leading model-checking application, dramatically extended its scope and reach by introducing four different versions of its product, bringing its powerful model-checking, quality control, and quality assurance capabilities to different types of users across the AEC spectrum.
This collection of AEC technology updates features the new ICL from IES, updates in laser scanning from Paracosm and Pointfuse, the new Join solution for preconstruction, and others including IdeateApps, Mail Manager, Verify3D, ArcGIS, Autodesk, Transoft, and Keysoft.
- Newforma and Procore webinar on Nov 14: Construction Tech — Working Together. >>
- IES Digital Twin Technology featured in B1M Documentary. >>
- CBT Architects Maintains Revit Model Health with Ideate Explorer. >>
- Artlantis 2019 LIVE webinars on Nov 20. >>
- Webinar on Nov 21: Discover how to use ARCHICAD's Stair and Railing tools from schematic design to construction documentation. >>
- Laing O'Rourke making digital manufacturing process concrete with Solibri. >>
- Doka expands their BIM library range for planning formwork with Tekla Structures. >>
- TeamSystem Construction Project Management (CPM) available in the Cloud with Microsoft Azure. >>
- Register for Microsol Resources webinar on Dec 3: What's New with Bluebeam Revu 2019? >>
- Vectorworks, Inc. Brings Ultimate GIS Workflow to AEC and Landscape Professionals. >>
- ARCHVISTA webinar on Dec 5: BIM & Design Build. >>
- Bentley Systems Announces Winners of Year in Infrastructure 2019 Awards. >>
- BIM Equity new official partner BIMcollab in Denmark. >>
- ALLPLAN appoints Dr. Detlef Schneider as new Chief Executive Officer. >>
- Civil and Structural Engineering Firm, Cameron+Ross, Selects Deltek Vantagepoint and Deltek PIM to Drive Project Momentum. >>
- 4MCAD: The Smart Alternative to AutoCAD. >>
- eLearning for ElumTools, Real lighting for Autodesk Revit. >>
- The Wild for Autodesk’s BIM 360® Allows AEC Teams to Collaborate on BIM Content in VR/AR from Anywhere. >>
- 3D Repo: A Deeper Dive into BIM. >>
- Transoft Aviplan: A purpose-built tool for airport airside planners and operators. >>
- CIBSE Design Summer Year and Test Reference Year Weather Data Now Available in Trimble's Sefaira Building Analysis Software. >>