In the wake of Hurricanes Harvey and Irma and the devastation they have caused, this article explores the technology behind flood forecasting, which can help to predict areas of flooding before a hurricane actually hits, leading to better preparation and improved evacuation. It also looks at how AEC technology can help.
This review explores the new rule-based Stair and Railing tools in the recently released ARCHICAD 21 in detail, along with the many additional improvements it has made in interoperability, Grasshopper integration, and productivity enhancements.
This annual AEC technology round-up looks at new releases of existing products such as Allplan, Twinmotion, 4M IDEA, BIM Assure, Aconex, and Autocase, as well as new solutions including Unicorn Render and BIMsmith.
This review takes an in-depth look at Cityzenith's Smart World platform for city information modeling, how it aggregates all the available data for a city, normalizes it, and make it accessible through a web browser.
In this tutorial, architect Alan Woodwell, a long-time Vectorworks user shows how the graphical sculpting tool, Marionette, can be used not just to sculpt complex forms but also to automate and speed up many tasks within the Vectorworks framework.
- Autodesk 2018 AEC Design Solutions
- GRAPHISOFT KCC 2017
- Firm Profile: John Robertson Architects
- Automated Code Compliance Updates
... and more!
The digital version is FREE. To read the magazine online or to download a PDF or iPad version of the latest issue, use this link.
- Engineering & Consulting firm ILF Selects Deltek ERP to Unify Global Operations. >>
- Last Chance to Purchase ARCHICAD with ARCHIPLUS & Save $300 per Seat. >>
- Bentley Case Study: Robin Partington & Partners Implements Federated BIM Workflow to Design Westminster Borough's Iconic Tower. >>
- Ideate Software to Exhibit its Revit Add-in Tools at BILT EUR 2017. >>
- Vectorworks 2018: Say Hello to Enhanced BIM Usability, Design Productivity, Analysis, and More. >>
- Aconex and the Victorian Government to Host the Second Annual Construction Technology Summit. >>
- Cityzenith Launches Asq: New Feature Adds Advanced Search Capabilities to Smart World. >>
- Learn more about BIMcollab: Webinar and Tuesday Tech Talks. >>
- Solibri expands partner network in North & South America – Putting quality first within the workflow. >>
- Touchplan - Convert your CPM Schedule to Lean. >>
- Microsol Resources webinar on Sep 20: Getting the most out of Autodesk Industry Collections. >>
- Abvent launchesTwinmotion 2018 for architects and designers. >>
- BIM Platform Allplan Bimplus Offers New Features for Virtual Reality and Connection to SCIA Engineer. >>
- IES becomes HKGBC member to foster green building & sustainability actions with like-minded experts. >>
- Donges SteelTec chooses Tekla BIM software solutions. >>
- Sefaira blog post: How to Collaborate When the Design is Still in Flux. >>
- Battery Ventures Makes Majority Investment In Software Firm Newforma. >>
- GuideSIGN 7.0.1 Update Available from Transoft. >>
- MEPcontent offers free Revit and AutoCAD BIM content for MEP. >>
- New features in ElumTools 2018 (for Autodesk Revit 2018). >>
- SCIA webinar: Advanced Analysis in SCIA Engineer. >>
- Latest BIM enabled version of Keysoft Landscape software. >>
- 4M IDEA Architecture 14 has been released: Download free trial. >>
- Case Study: Mott MacDonald Bentley Project uses ProjectWise and OpenPlant to manage BIM deliverables. >>
- ARCAT mobile app available for Apple and Android devices. >>