This article provides an overview of how the BIM-FM integration was done on the new UCSF (University of California, San Francisco) Medical Center in Mission Bay. The effort has taken years, but it is finally ready and in use in the real-life operation and maintenance of the hospital.
This article discusses the main AEC-specific technology updates that were shared at the recent Autodesk University and also provides a brief overview of some of the third-party products that were exhibited at the event, including IdeateApps, ElumTools, The Wild, and Newforma.
Layer is a new AEC application launched to address what seems to be an obvious need in the industry—organizing and integrating the vast amount of disparate data that is typically collected on site during the retrofit or construction of a building project.
Svigals + Partners, an architecture, art and advisory firm describes the implementation of AEC technology on its "Beehive Bridge" project, a 265-foot-long highway overpass in in New Britain, CT.
This article presents a summary of the key technology updates that Bentley shared at its recent Year in Infrastructure conference, with a deeper dive into the Digital Twins and Digital Cities concepts that Bentley introduced and is championing.
This review explores the new features for improved modeling, coordination, productivity, and performance in ARCHICAD 23, including revamped Beam and Column tools, a new Opening tool for modeling mechanical voids, and an initiative to open up the application to more custom development by significantly expanding its APIs.
- The Wild webinar on Jan 15: Immersive Collaboration for Revit Users. >>
- Solibri Connection for ARCHICAD 23 released. >>
- BIMcollab Connected Plan, with custom fields and BIM360 integration. >>
- Full list of Artlantis 2020 plug-ins. >>
- Deltek white paper -- Document Management: Are Your Documents Managing You? >>
- Bentley Systems Wins Downstream Award for Digitalization. >>
- Award-winning AECO Companies use Ideate Sticky to Handle Non-BIM Data with Ease. >>
- On demand Webinar: Why detailers already use Tekla Model Sharing? >>
- Vectorworks Inc. Wins the Construction Computing Awards' Editor's Choice Award. >>
- Microsol Resources webinar on Jan 21: Leveraging BIM Data from the Office to the Field. >>
- ARCHVISTA offers Artlantis 2020 Upgrade. >>
- Battery Ventures and Newforma Acquire EleVia Software, Adding More Capabilities to its Architecture, Engineering, and Contractor Solutions. >>
- Solibri wins 'BIM Project of the Year' in the 2019 Construction Computing Awards. >>
- IES Digital Twin Technology featured in B1M Documentary. >>
- TeamSystem Construction Project Management (CPM) available in the Cloud with Microsoft Azure. >>
- ALLPLAN appoints Dr. Detlef Schneider as new Chief Executive Officer. >>
- 4MCAD: The Smart Alternative to AutoCAD. >>
- eLearning for ElumTools, Real lighting for Autodesk Revit. >>
- 3D Repo: A Deeper Dive into BIM. >>
- CIBSE Design Summer Year and Test Reference Year Weather Data Now Available in Trimble's Sefaira Building Analysis Software. >>