Jewel Changi Airport is a new, 1.4 million-square-foot mixed-use hub and lifestyle destination at Singapore’s Changi Airport, one of the world’s busiest aviation facilities. The project opened this spring and has drawn acclaim for its unique design, highlighted by the world’s tallest indoor waterfall and a translucent, ovoid-shaped gridshell roof spanning 650 feet across. Cristobal Correa, Principal of Structures at BuroHappold and director of this project describes the implementation of AEC technology on it.
This collection of AEC technology updates features the new ICL from IES, updates in laser scanning from Paracosm and Pointfuse, the new Join solution for preconstruction, and others including IdeateApps, Mail Manager, Verify3D, ArcGIS, Autodesk, Transoft, and Keysoft.
In this article, Michael Tobias of New York Engineers, lists the many benefits of BIM for MEP engineers in addition to the primary advantages of saving time and money, reducing errors, improving productivity and quality, and being able to work as a key part of a multi-disciplinary team.
Wright Engineers, ranked as one of the fastest growing engineering firms in the US, shares its perspective on AEC technology in this Firm Profile.
This review explores Visicon, a new solution with a fresh take on model viewing, data visualization, model interrogation, and design coordination in AEC. It also includes some additional functionality for structural engineers.
Daniel Bévort, CEO of ADEACA, describes how Project Business Automation (PBA) can be used to integrate the fragmented array of business applications used by construction companies, giving them better insight and allowing them to manage their business in real time.
- Bentley Systems Announces Finalists in the Year in Infrastructure 2019 Awards Program. >>
- 3D Repo British Information Modelling Event – 8 October 2019. >>
- Hünnebeck publish BIM content for planning formwork systems with Tekla Structures. >>
- Vectorworks UK and Ireland Partner with CMYK Digital Solutions. >>
- Cove Lighting in ElumTools. >>
- Construction Project Management: STR Vision CPM Demo Video. >>
- Microsol Resources Partners with GeoSLAM for 3D Mobile Mapping. >>
- Artlantis 2019 webinar on Oct 9. >>
- ALLPLAN recorded webinar:A Smarter Way to Create a BIM Model for Structural Precast Elements. >>
- IES Blog: Overheating in buildings – what have we done? >>
- Newforma on-demand webinar: How Mobile Apps Improve Productivity in the Field. >>
- The new BIMcollab: Introducing online model viewing, integrations and customization. >>
- The Wild and Igloo Vision partner to bring real-time VR/AR collaboration to immersive shared VR environments. >>
- ARCHICAD-designed academic hub opens in Sydney. >>
- ARCHVISTA: Six Steps to Making BIM Worth the Investment. >>
- BIM6x: ARCHICAD By The Beach - October 19 - 27, 2019. Registration now open. >>
- Solibri: Root B.V. uses software to share knowledge. >>
- McMillan Pazdan Smith Rapidly Assesses Revit Model Health with Ideate Explorer. >>
- Deltek Completes Its Acquisition of ComputerEase. >>
- Transoft Aviplan: A purpose-built tool for airport airside planners and operators. >>
- 4MCAD: The Smart Alternative to AutoCAD. >>
- CIBSE Design Summer Year and Test Reference Year Weather Data Now Available in Trimble's Sefaira Building Analysis Software. >>