This review explores the new release of 4M's IDEA, a BIM application for architectural design which is part of 4M's multi-disciplinary BIM suite, developed on the open-source ODA (Open Design Alliance) DWG platform. The suite also includes applications for building services and energy analysis.
Kevin Nute's Naturally Animated Architecture is a fascinating, cross-disciplinary examination of how contemporary architecture could more naturally integrate its exterior environment with its internal experience. It provides a compelling argument for why such integration is important to the performance and wellness of the human beings that inhabit these buildings.
In this Tips and Tricks article, Link Ellis, the ARCHICAD Technical Director at BIM6x, describes how to work with ARCHICAD's new, rule-based, next-generation Stair tool, which extends architects' design creativity with automatic design validation against human ergonomics, offering the most optimal stair designs in the building context to choose from on the fly.
This article collects some interesting news tidbits from the AEC technology field in 2018 including key acquisitions by leading technology companies such as Oracle, Trimble, InEight and Hexagon, new products from OpenSpace and NavVis, and some significant developments related to smart cities and city information modeling.
Last month, Epic Games released Unreal Studio 4.21, the latest version of their offering aimed at the AEC industry. This suite of tools is packaged around the company's Unreal Engine, the underlying technology beneath some of the world's biggest games ...
- Bentley's Year in Infrastructure 2018 Conference
- Allplan 2019
- LEGION and the Technology of Pedestrian Simulation
- BIM Handbook, Third Edition
... and more!
The digital version is FREE. To read the magazine online or to download a PDF or iPad version of the latest issue, use this link.
- Bentley Systems Announces OpenUtilities™ Solutions for DER - Planning & Design Assessment Solutions for Grid Modernization. >>
- Tekla Model Sharing for Powerful Collaboration: Free Trial. >>
- Solibri Model Checker Trial Download. >>
- ARCHICAD webinar on February 19: From Concept to Pure Awesome. >>
- Transoft webinar on February 19: NEXUS DDI -- Coming to a Highway Near You. >>
- Vectorworks Nomad mobile app offers ARCore support on Android devices. >>
- ALLPLAN webinar on February 21: Conceptual Design -- Great Bridges Begin with Great Models. >>
- Microsol Resources webinar on February 26: (Re)Imagine Your Revit Workflow with Kubity. >>
- Newforma webinar on February 26: Best Practices for Smarter Information Management. >>
- IES joins new SPECS consortium in Singapore. >>
- Artlantis 2019 LIVE webinar on March 6. >>
- SCIA Engineer case study: Football Stadium in Dunajská Streda, Slovakia. >>
- Deltek Opens This Year's Clarity Industry Surveys for Government Contracting and Architecture & Engineering Markets. >>
- ElumTools eLearning: Real lighting for Autodesk Revit. >>
- Ideate BIMLink: Customizing Document Issue Records. >>
- BIMcollab ZOOM 2.1 The powerful IFC viewer is now even smarter. >>
- 4M IDEA19 new release: the new BIM Generation. >>
- BIM6x 115 point check ArchiCHECKUP: How Healthy are your ARCHICAD Projects? >>
- Explore your projects in VR, instantly Try IrisVR Prospect Pro Plus and Scope Pro FREE for 45 days. >>
- CIBSE Design Summer Year and Test Reference Year Weather Data Now Available in Trimble's Sefaira Building Analysis Software. >>