AECbytes has partnered with Vitalect, an eLearning company, to develop a curated learning portal for AEC applications, with learning content developed by vendors, consultants, and expert users. The portal is available at http://elearning.vitalect.com/aecbytes/. A brief guide to using it is available here.
In this Viewpoint article, Erik Pijnenburg, CEO of KUBUS BV, discusses the importance of integrated and centralized BIM issue management, not only to improve the quality of BIM data, but also of the design process in AEC.
You've got a great design, and you can't wait to show it to the client. You put the final touches on the 3D model's lighting and materials, position the camera at just the right angle, and click the Render button ....
Exploring how this application has the potential to become a "smart" AEC technology tool, creating libraries of rooms for different project types that are pre-validated for code-compliance, making it easier and faster to design projects with highly regulated design requirements.
This article summarizes the key technologies relevant to the AEC industry that were exhibited at NVIDIA GTC 2018, including AI denoising for noiseless rendering, predictive rendering for improved decision making, collaborative 3D design using virtual reality, and intelligent video analytics for smart cities.
- Firm Profile: BuroHappold Engineering
- BIM and Blockchain
- Solibri Model Checker
- Construction Planning and Execution with BIM
- Tekla Structural Designer
... and more!
The digital version is FREE. To read the magazine online or to download a PDF or iPad version of the latest issue, use this link.
- Transoft Solutions Completes Acquisition of Airtopsoft. >>
- Tekla Webinar on June 6: More Productive Tools for Formwork and Pour Planning - F.A Wilhelm works faster using Tekla. >>
- Introducing Newforma ConstructEx. >>
- Register for Microsol Resources online event on June 12: What's new with Autodesk BIM 360? >>
- Workflow demo of Twinmotion 2018. >>
- Instant Virtual Reality for the Building Industry: Try IrisVR Prospect Pro Plus and Scope Pro FREE for 45 days. >>
- PixelFLEX™ and Vectorworks, Inc. Partner for an LED Video Showcase at AIA Conference. >>
- Lighting Analysts Blog: The Anatomy of a Daylight Calculation. >>
- Use of IESVE by Taka Solutions for O-14 Tower in Dubai as part of its Shared Savings Energy Performance Contract (SSEPC). >>
- Deltek To Host Multi-City Tour Showcasing Technology, Transformational Trends, and Best Practices for Architecture & Engineering Firms. >>
- GRAPHISOFT Introduces BIMx Presenter. >>
- Increase model quality using BIMcollab Zoom Smart Views. >>
- Case Study: Advanced Substation Design in a Managed Environment using Bentley technology by Elia. >>
- 4MCAD: The Smart Alternative to AutoCAD. >>
- ARCAT Specifications - The most up to date library with 1405 specifications. >>
- Touchplan Makes Collaboration Easy: See How It Works. >>
- MEPcontent introduces two Apps for managing Openings in Revitfor for MEP and structural engineers. >>
- Ideate Software Leading a Presentation and Demonstrating its Products at BiLT ANZ 2018. >>
- BIM6x Template Kits for ARCHICAD updated. >>
- Solibri at TECH+ Expo, May 22nd NYC. >>
- Sefaira blog: Passive Design in 6 Steps -- A Guide for Beginners. >>
- ALLPLAN presents Unique BIM Solution for the Parametric Modeling of Bridges. >>
- Bentley Systems Acquires Plaxis, and Complementary SoilVision, to Integrate Geotechnical Engineering within Digital Workflows for Infrastructure Projects. >>
- Cityzenith Launches Smart World Pro for Architects and Property Owners. >>
- New Release – UL SPOT app for Revit. >>
- Keysoft Solutions Case Study: How Use of KeySCAPE LandCADD saved AEC Inc. time and ensured accuracy. >>