Layer is a new AEC application that was launched close to six months ago to address what seems to be an obvious need in the industry—organizing and integrating the vast amount of disparate data that is typically collected on site during the retrofit or construction of a building project.
This article presents a summary of the key technology updates that Bentley shared at its recent Year in Infrastructure conference, with a deeper dive into the Digital Twins and Digital Cities concepts that Bentley introduced and is championing.
This review explores the new features for improved modeling, coordination, productivity, and performance in ARCHICAD 23, including revamped Beam and Column tools, a new Opening tool for modeling mechanical voids, and an initiative to open up the application to more custom development by significantly expanding its APIs.
Svigals + Partners, an architecture, art and advisory firm describes the implementation of AEC technology on its "Beehive Bridge" project, a 265-foot-long highway overpass in in New Britain, CT.
In this article, Tom Simmons of ARCHVISTA Consulting shows how to control the detail level of native ARCHICAD objects, review a model's polygon count, third-party options for managing the number of polygons, and how to reduce an object's file size.
Leading UK main contractor nmcn found that handheld 3D laser scanning is affordable enough to allow them to perform multiple scans on each site and get the data they need to perform advanced analytics.
- Battery Ventures and Newforma Acquire EleVia Software, Adding More Capabilities to its Architecture, Engineering, and Contractor Solutions. >>
- IdeateApps Updates Include New Revit Sheet and View Functionalities. >>
- BIM practitioners vote ARCHICAD 'BIM Product of the Year' Ninth Year in a Row. >>
- Bentley Systems Brings City-Scale and Campus Digital Twins to Smart City Expo World Congress. >>
- Solibri wins 'BIM Project of the Year' in the 2019 Construction Computing Awards. >>
- New Features in Artlantis 2020. >>
- BIMcollab releases BCF-API to link new BIM tools. >>
- Land Regeneration Business Inland Homes Selects Deltek PIM to Streamline Its Project Information. >>
- Experience The Wild at Autodesk University 2019. >>
- Webinar on Dec 4: Why detailers already use Tekla Model Sharing?. >>
- A Closer Look at Vectorworks 2020 Landmark Featured Design. >>
- IES Digital Twin Technology featured in B1M Documentary. >>
- TeamSystem Construction Project Management (CPM) available in the Cloud with Microsoft Azure. >>
- Register for Microsol Resources webinar on Dec 3: What's New with Bluebeam Revu 2019? >>
- ARCHVISTA webinar on Dec 5: BIM & Design Build. >>
- ALLPLAN appoints Dr. Detlef Schneider as new Chief Executive Officer. >>
- 4MCAD: The Smart Alternative to AutoCAD. >>
- eLearning for ElumTools, Real lighting for Autodesk Revit. >>
- 3D Repo: A Deeper Dive into BIM. >>
- Transoft Aviplan: A purpose-built tool for airport airside planners and operators. >>
- CIBSE Design Summer Year and Test Reference Year Weather Data Now Available in Trimble's Sefaira Building Analysis Software. >>