This article captures some of the main implementation themes common to many customers who presented at GRAPHISOFT 2017 KCC, including schematic design, algorithmic modeling, the use of OpenBIM, facilitation of downstream processes, and the use of advanced technologies like virtual and augmented reality.
The technology updates most relevant to AEC at Autodesk University 2017, including the launch of a new Exchange with third-party integrations to accelerate the adoption of the Forge-enabled BIM 360 ecosystem, a new Dropbox app for AutoCAD, and planned integration with Esri's GIS technology.
The highlights of Bentley's recent 2017 Year in Infrastructure (YII) conference, including technology updates, its upcoming iModel 2.0 platform, and some of the award-winning infrastructure projects from all over the world implemented using Bentley's solutions.
One of the AECO industries leading software companies, Newforma, recently went through a change in leadership. We sat down with the CEO, Brock Philp, to talk about the changes, the corporate culture, and the future of software development.
This review looks at the updates in the recent 2018 release of the leading BIM application, Allplan, including its brand new user interface, modeling and visualization enhancements, and integration with the open cloud-based collaboration platform, Bimplus.
- Flood Forecasting Technology
- People Profile: William C. Manion
- Cityzenith Smart World for City Information Modeling
- Firm Profile: KAI Design & Build
... and more!
The digital version is FREE. To read the magazine online or to download a PDF or iPad version of the latest issue, use this link.
- Abvent announces Twinmotion 2018 version 2. >>
- Cityzenith Previews Smart World Pro 2018 at the "Building Cities of the Future" UrbanTech Summit in Tampa. >>
- What's new in BIMcollab 4.0. >>
- SCIA Engineer 17.1 – a productivity booster for structural engineers, enhanced by user feedback. >>
- Ideate BIMLink for Revit Customer Spotlight on WSP USA. >>
- GRAPHISOFT announces Grasshopper-ARCHICAD Live Connection V2.0. >>
- New Vectorworks Video Shows Big BIM in Practice. >>
- Newforma Project Center voted best 'Document and Content Management Software of the Year' for Three Years' Running. >>
- Bentley's New CONNECTservices Bring Comprehensive Learning, Mobility, and Collaboration Benefits to Bentley Application Subscribers. >>
- Aconex Expands Connected Cost Team to Continue Driving Digital Transformation in Construction. >>
- Deltek Completes Its Acquisition of Onvia. >>
- You can now use the IESVE to comply with the NECB2011 Standard. >>
- ARCAT BIM Content: Library of free BIM objects, families, and system files. >>
- Tekla Open API competition. >>
- Case Study: Advanced Substation Design in a Managed Environment using Bentley technology by Elia. >>
- Lighting Power Density in Revit using ElumTools. >>
- IDEA Architecture: 3D BIM Architectural Software in DWG. >>
- AviPLAN from Transoft: The leading software package for airport airside planning, design and operations. >>
- Free MEPcontent Product Line Placer (PLiP) for Piping in Revit. >>
- Fast Fresh Communication. Introducing Solibri Model Checker v9.8. Your fast track to workflow quality. >>
- Touchplan: Convert CPM to Lean. >>
- Sefaira: Four Schematic Design Studies Every Architect Should Do. >>
- Interdisciplinary Teamwork at a New Level: ALLPLAN Presents its New BIM Solution Allplan 2018 for Architects and Engineers. >>
- Microsol Resources on-demand webinar: Explore centralized platform for AEC collaboration using Autodesk BIM 360. >>
- Managing Risk, Costs and Compliance in Landscape Design: Keysoft Article. >>