This article captures the latest updates on automated code compliance in the AEC industry, with new commercial and research efforts as well as some exploratory efforts in governments to determine how it could be applied to streamline the approvals process by regulatory agencies.
Could the rise of the divisive architectural style of New Brutalism in European cities in the 1950s and 60s have been prevented if our current planning and BIM capabilities been available at that time?.
Andy Knauf, CIO of Mead & Hunt, describes how the use of a cloud-native VDI solution helped his firm meet its aggressive growth target, allowing its project team to collaborate at cloud scale and speed, in real time, and from anywhere.
This review explores the dramatically improved façade design capabilities, more flexible modeling of individual building elements, better information management, and additional productivity, workflow, and performance improvements in ARCHICAD 22.
Erik Pijnenburg, CEO of KUBUS BV, discusses the importance of integrated and centralized BIM issue management, not only to improve the quality of BIM data, but also of the design process in AEC.
- NVIDIA GTC 2018 Conference
- Firm Profile: SHoP Architects
- ARCHICAD 22
- Firm Profile: Newtecnic
- What's New in Revit 2019?
... and more!
The digital version is FREE. To read the magazine online or to download a PDF or iPad version of the latest issue, use this link.
- Touchplan reaches 10,000 users! >>
- IrisVR Brings VR to Construction Industry with First Ever Navisworks Integration to Support BIM. >>
- Newforma Announces New Project Analytics Platform, Based on Microsoft Power BI. >>
- Siemens and Bentley Partner in New Digital Solution to Optimize Capital Project Delivery. >>
- Tekla webinar on Sep 4: The Latest Tekla Software Developments For Steel Detailing and Fabrication. >>
- Twinmotion 2019 live presentation on Sep 6. >>
- Microsol Resources webinar on Sep 6: Connecting Design and Construction for Architecture, Structure and MEP. >>
- What's New in SCIA Engineer 18: streamlined usability, advanced material design and extended BIM links. >>
- Deltek's Announces It Will Rename the Next Release of Its Deltek for Professional Services Solution to Vantagepoint. >>
- Transoft Solutions releases ParkCAD 5.0, the CAD software for parking design projects of any size. Faster. Smarter. Better. >>
- Using the Layout Assistant in ElumTools, the integrated lighting calculation tool for Revit. >>
- BUILD Magazine Names Vectorworks a "2018 Ones to Watch" Award Winner. >>
- Solibri Showcased with Allplan France in BIM World Paris. >>
- IES Case Study: Capitol Tower, Houston Texas. >>
- BIMcollab ZOOM 2: The latest version of the most powerful and free tool for BIM viewing and validation. >>
- GRAPHISOFT's "By Design" Series Receives Multiple Awards for Excellence. >>
- Ideate Software Leading Presentations, Demonstrating Products, and Hosting Data Day at BiLT NA. >>
- ALLPLAN Opens US Office Location in West Chester, Pennsylvania. >>
- Avitru and UL Announce Technology Partnership to Simplify Access to Sustainability Data Within MasterSpec. >>
- Case Study: Advanced Substation Design in a Managed Environment using Bentley technology by Elia. >>
- 4MCAD: The Smart Alternative to AutoCAD. >>
- ARCAT Specifications - The most up to date library with 1405 specifications. >>
- BIM6x Template Kits for ARCHICAD updated. >>
- Sefaira blog: Passive Design in 6 Steps -- A Guide for Beginners. >>
- Cityzenith Launches Smart World Pro for Architects and Property Owners. >>
- Keysoft Solutions Case Study: How Use of KeySCAPE LandCADD saved AEC Inc. time and ensured accuracy. >>