One of the key acquisitions that Bentley recently announced was LEGION for pedestrian simulation. Given that human behavior is far from predictable, how does pedestrian simulation actually work? This article explores the technology in more detail, looking at other applications in the field and delving deeper into LEGION.
Enhancements include a new Planes palette for managing the building structure of the project, using freeform 3D surfaces as reference planes, a new Stair Modeler tool, a brand-new dedicated add-on for parametric bridge design, and several other features.
Bentley introduced “digital twins” to AEC, launched an open source library, rebranded its solutions, showcased its recent acquisitions such as LEGION and Synchro, and demonstrated its integrations with Microsoft, Siemens, and Atos.
This review explores how the new edition of the BIM Handbook--the definitive guide to BIM for both practitioners and students--captures all of the many developments in the world of BIM that have emerged since the publication of the first edition ten years ago.
We see more uses than ever for real-time technology in AEC visualization. The 2018 Architectural 3D Awards included two real-time categories, and Boeing recently hosted an event to drive the use of VR and other real-time solutions in training and simulation.
- AEC Technology Updates, 2018
- Firm Profile: Luis Vidal + architects
- Modeling a Waffle Structure in Rhino and Grasshopper
- Automated Code Compliance Updates, 2018
- Firm Profile: Wright Engineers
... and more!
The digital version is FREE. To read the magazine online or to download a PDF or iPad version of the latest issue, use this link.
- CIBSE Design Summer Year and Test Reference Year Weather Data Now Available in Trimble's Sefaira Building Analysis Software. >>
- Schedule a Free Demo of BIMcollab Issue Management Software. >>
- i-Theses and Trimble (Tekla) join forces to simplify BIM to fabrication workflows in precast industry. >>
- ALLPLAN announces Reseller Agreement with MCS Solutions. >>
- Award-winning Copeland Associates takes collaboration to the next level with ARCHICAD. >>
- Microsol Resources Webcast Video Series: What's New with Autodesk 2019? >>
- Transoft Solutions webinar on December 11 – ParkCAD | Improving Retail Parking Areas. >>
- Abvent releases Artlantis 2019! >>
- Deltek Announces FedFocus 2019. >>
- Vectorworks Named "One to Watch Company" at Construction Computing Awards. >>
- BREEAM Projects integration comes to IES TaP for BREEAM UK New Construction 2018. >>
- Solibri listed as key software partner in the bSI Awards 2018 for best construction project. >>
- ARCAT SpecWizard: Automated 3-part CSI Specification Writing. >>
- Bentley Systems Announces Agreement to Acquire AIworx, Specialists in Machine Learning and IoT Technologies. >>
- Making VR Meetings Actionable: Reports, BIM Metadata & More in IrisVR Prospect 2.4. >>
- The Connected Enterprise: Introducing the BST Newforma Connector. >>
- BIM6x 115 point check ArchiCHECKUP: How Healthy are your ARCHICAD Projects? >>
- Online Course on ElumTools: Fully-integrated lighting calculation tool for Autodesk Revit. >>
- Discover what's new in SCIA Engineer 18.1. >>
- Ideate Inc. Launches Bluebeam Sales, Support, and Training Website. >>
- Q&A With Lean Consultant Hal Macomber: Why I Use Touchplan. >>
- Avitru and UL Announce Technology Partnership to Simplify Access to Sustainability Data Within MasterSpec. >>
- Case Study: Advanced Substation Design in a Managed Environment using Bentley technology by Elia. >>
- 4MCAD: The Smart Alternative to AutoCAD. >>
- Keysoft Solutions Case Study: How Use of KeySCAPE LandCADD saved AEC Inc. time and ensured accuracy. >>