The article captures the updates in the nascent field of automated code compliance since I last wrote about it in 2015, exploring commercial solutions that range from simply digitizing the code-checking process to full-fledged BIM-enabled automated code-checking, as well as a research initiative that seems particularly promising.
An indepth look at the sustainable design toolkit used by the firm Orcutt Winslow Partnership (OWP) including ArchiCAD, Sefaira, Velux, Athena, and Climate Consultant, as well as additional workflow processes such as interoperability, custom schedules, and the use of templates.
An overview of the new 2018 versions of Autodesk's three main products for buildings and infrastructure design: Revit (including each of its individual disciplines, Architecture, Structure, and MEP), InfraWorks, and AutoCAD Civil 3D.
Registered architect and Revit expert, Dan Stine, returns to provide an overview of the new features in Revit 2018 that has just been announced by Autodesk, including user interface enhancements, multi-story stairs, linking to coordination models, and several additional updates.
The highlights of GRAPHISOFT's conference focused on users of ARCHICAD, BIMx, and BIMcloud, including keynote presentations by industry leaders, learning sessions, as well as updates from GRAPHISOFT, including a sneak peek at the upcoming ARCHICAD 21.
- GRAPHISOFT's BIM 2017 North America User Conference
- AEC Technology Highlights and Trends: From 2016 to 2017
- FenestraPro Premium: A Generative Tool for Façade Design in Architecture
People Profile: Finith Jernigan
... and more!
The digital version is FREE. To read the magazine online or to download a PDF or iPad version of the latest issue, use this link. For a printed copy or discounted annual subscription, or to access earlier issues, click here.
- Free download of Tekla BIMsight: Combine models, check for clashes and share information using the same easy-to-use BIM environment. >>
- Introducing Bentley SELECT CONNECT Edition: Azure Services for Bentley Application Users. >>
- 4M IDEA Architecture 14 has been released: Download free trial. >>
- Introducing Licaso: Annual daylight simulation software for AGi32 and Revit/ElumTools. >>
- Register for Microsol Resources live onlne seminar on June 6: What's New with Autodesk Account? >>
- Vectorworks, Inc. Announces Release of SimTread Crowd Flow Simulation Software Version 2.5. >>
- New Versions of Ideate BIMLink for Revit Now Available. >>
- Aconex complimentary White Paper: The State of Construction Management Software. >>
- Newforma Congratulates AIA Georgia Design Winners. >>
- BIMcollab ecosystem update to support BCF 2.1. >>
- Four Ways AutoSTRIPE can Improve the Way you Work. >>
- ARCHICAD 21 — Step up your BIM! >>
- For a better collaboration: ALLPLAN presents new features of bim+ for joint working in BIM project . >>
- AutoTURN Version 10.1 Release: Live Launch webinar on May 17. >>
- Free SCIA Engineer webinar on May 18: CAD + Structural Analysis = A Faster Way to Design Industrial Structures. >>
- Free 30 day trial of Artlantis available for download. >>
- Case Study: Mott MacDonald Bentley Project uses ProjectWise and OpenPlant to manage BIM deliverables. >>
- Solibri Model Checker & Viewer 9.7.15 Release Notes. >>
- Deltek Customers Ranked Among the 'Best-of-the-Best' Consulting Firms. >>
- The Next Generation of Sefaira Architecture. >>