This article summarizes the key technologies relevant to the AEC industry that were exhibited at NVIDIA GTC 2018, including AI denoising for noiseless rendering, predictive rendering for improved decision making, collaborative 3D design using virtual reality, and intelligent video analytics for smart cities.
This is an excerpt from the book "Building Information Modeling: Automated Code Checking and Compliance Processes" by Dr. Nawari that was published by CRC Press on February 12, 2018.
Autodesk has just released the 2019 version of Revit, and Dan Stine, architect, author, and Revit expert, returns to tell us about the many new features in this release, including several user interface enhancements, support for levels in 3D views, the new material library with high resolution textures, MEP-related improvements, and many more.
In this article, Link Ellis describes the scope and functionality of a new free RFA & RVT Geometry Exchange add-on for ARCHICAD 21 from BIM6x, which enables ARCHICAD users to import Revit Families into their project and also allows geometry exchange between Revit and ARCHICAD.
An indepth look at the interface and functionality of Solibri Model Checker, including its BIM model-checking capabilities, multi-disciplinary coordination, clash detection, model comparison, quantity take-off, and issue management, as well as some examples of how it is being implemented by AEC firms all over the world.
- Firm Profile: BuroHappold Engineering
- BIM and Blockchain
- Solibri Model Checker
- Construction Planning and Execution with BIM
- Tekla Structural Designer
... and more!
The digital version is FREE. To read the magazine online or to download a PDF or iPad version of the latest issue, use this link.
- No Headset? No Problem - Join VR Meetings Without a VR Device in IrisVR Prospect 2.1. >>
- GRAPHISOFT announces the release of ARCHICAD 22 – BIM inside and out! >>
- Abvent releases Artlantis 7, introduces Twinlinker. >>
- ElumTools 2019 (for Autodesk® Revit 2019) -- integrated lighting add-in for Revit. >>
- Touchplan Makes Collaboration Easy: See How It Works. >>
- Register for Microsol Resources event on May 22: TechPerspectives in NY. >>
- The Tekla North America Awards Are Now Open. >>
- MEPcontent introduces two Apps for managing Openings in Revitfor for MEP and structural engineers. >>
- Ideate Software Leading a Presentation and Demonstrating its Products at BiLT ANZ 2018. >>
- Newforma Announces Newforma World 2018 User Conference and Newforma Workshop. >>
- Registration Opens for 2018 Vectorworks Design Summit. >>
- IES Partners with One Click LCA to make Life Cycle Assessment easier and enhance BREEAM performance. >>
- Deltek Customers Ranked Among the Best-of-the-Best Consulting Firms. >>
- BIM6x Template Kits for ARCHICAD updated. >>
- Solibri at TECH+ Expo, May 22nd NYC. >>
- Transoft Solutions invests in new office, staff, and technology to strengthen support for UK customers. >>
- Sefaira blog: Passive Design in 6 Steps -- A Guide for Beginners. >>
- ALLPLAN presents Unique BIM Solution for the Parametric Modeling of Bridges. >>
- Bentley Systems Acquires Plaxis, and Complementary SoilVision, to Integrate Geotechnical Engineering within Digital Workflows for Infrastructure Projects. >>
- ARCAT Specifications - The most up to date library with 1405 specifications. >>
- BIMcollab customer story: How to collaborate with different firms and BIM tools. >>
- Cityzenith Launches Smart World Pro for Architects and Property Owners. >>
- 4MCAD: The Smart Alternative to AutoCAD. >>
- New Release – UL SPOT app for Revit. >>
- Keysoft Solutions Case Study: How Use of KeySCAPE LandCADD saved AEC Inc. time and ensured accuracy. >>
- Case Study: Advanced Substation Design in a Managed Environment using Bentley technology by Elia. >>