Tucker Cedarleaf of Cedar+Mac, who has been working with laser scanning equipment and software for over 10 years, shows why traditional laser scanning tied to survey control is the only method of 3D capture that produces baseline data of the quality and reliability required for AEC industry use.
A detailed look at a new application for model checking, BIM Assure, including its background, how it works, the types of analyses that can be done with it, and its bidirectional integration with Revit. It promises to give fresh impetus to the eventual goal of automating code-checking in AEC.
Andy Knauf, Vice President of IT at Mead & Hunt, describes how his firm searched for and implemented an effective solution that would enable its multi-state workforce to share and access project information quickly and easily.
An overview of the recent Vectorworks Design Summit, an annual event for Vectorworks to showcase its products, upcoming features, and overall vision to existing and prospective users of its products.
The highlights of Autodesk's 2017 AEC product family, including Revit, InfraWorks 360, AutoCAD Civil 3D, Navisworks, and Advance Steel.
- BIM in Low Cost Housing
- 2015 Year in Review for AEC Technology
- 3D Scanning for Better BIM
- Book Review: Data Driven Design and Construction
- People Profile: Mani Subramanian, Sixth Dimension
... and more!
The digital version is FREE. To read the magazine online or to download a PDF or iPad version of the latest issue, use this link. For a printed copy or discounted annual subscription, or to access earlier issues, click here.
- Deltek's annual Clarity Architecture & Engineering Industry Report now available, providing in-depth market analysis. >>
- Topcon and Bentley Systems announce integration between MAGNET 4.0 and ProjectWise. >>
- GRAPHISOFT announces winners of inaugural ARCHICAD Student Design Competition. >>
- Abvent to integrate BIMobject's libraries in Twinmotion. >>
- Aconex on-demand webinar: Learn how AECOM is using data to streamline processes on their projects. >>
- Transoft Solutions completes acquisition of ARCport from Aviation Research Corporation. >>
- Vectorworks, Inc. announces new technologies Webinar Series offering continuing education credits. >>
- The Steel Tube Institute teams up with SCIA to release FREE HSS Design Software. >>
- New BIMcollab BCF Manager for Tekla Structures 2016. >>
- Bentley EADOC Video Case Study: MNS Engineers Cabrillo Bridge Replacement. >>
- Ideate Software announces new version of Ideate Sticky for the Revit project environment. >>
- Microsol Resources free online webinar on May 10: What's New with AutoCAD 2017?. >>
- PERI publishes Intelligent 3D Formwork Components in Trimble's Tekla Warehouse. >>
- Webinar: Get Creative with the Cadimage Tools. >>
- IES Software approved for Ontario's integrated design incentive program. >>
- Latest release of ElumTools, a lighting calculation and visualization add-in for Autodesk Revit. >>
- Pinnacle Infotech uses Newforma Software for world's tallest building. >>
- Trimble acquires Sefaira Ltd. -- Leading provider of software for High-Performance Building Design. >>
- The new 64bit 4M CAD16: A premium CAD product at a non-premium price. >>
- Solibri acquired by Nemetschek: Allowing exponential growth in Quality Assurance and Quality Control. >>