Chris France, whose previous articles on BIM and the Cloud in AECbytes were all about high performance workstations in the cloud being adopted by firms so they could collaborate between all their offices effortlessly, now highlights what has changed with BIM cloud technologies and how they are being used for Integrated Project Delivery.
The main updates from Bentley at its 2016 Year in Infrastructure conference, including AssetWise CONNECT edition, OpenRoads Designer, and advances in reality modeling, its partnership with Microsoft, and infrastructure projects from China, Finland, Denmark, and the US that were implemented with Bentley solutions.
An overview of sustainable design technologies exhibited at Greenbuild 2016, including Trimble's Sefaira Architecture, IES's extensive portfolio of performance analysis tools, Autodesk Insight 360, Vectorworks' Energos, Graphisoft's EcoDesigner, and a new offering, Measurabl.
Exploring the solutions for “city information modeling” from BIM stalwarts such as Autodesk and Bentley to CIM-specific companies such as virtualcitySYSTEMS, Cityzenith, SmarterBetterCities, CyberCity 3D, and Agency9, and understanding how CIM is different from “Smart Cities.”
Continuing the annual AEC technology roundup with a look at what's new in Newforma Project Center, form•Z, Sweets, and others. Also, what is the brand-new application, Flux, which came out of Google X, all about?
- City Information Modeling
- Firm Profile: LMN Architects
- AEC Technology Updates
- Hurricanes and their Aftermath: How Can Technology Help? (AECbytes Archived Article)
- Three Tech Trends Shifting the BIM Industry in 2016
... and more!
The digital version is FREE. To read the magazine online or to download a PDF or iPad version of the latest issue, use this link. For a printed copy or discounted annual subscription, or to access earlier issues, click here.
- KUBUS Appointed as Sole Solibri Distributor in Benelux. >>
- Panel Summary (hosted by Sefaira at Greenbuild): The State of Sustainability in the AEC Industry. >>
- SCIA Engineer 16.1 further strengthens the solid foundation for structural design laid in version 16. >>
- Tekla Structures webinar: Achieve the highest quality with construction-oriented engineering. >>
- Solibri Model Checker Release Notes v9.7.8. >>
- Case Study: Use of Bentley EADOC for Cabrillo Boulevard Bridge Replacement Project. >>
- Video on new Features in ElumTools 2017, a lighting calculation and visualization add-in for Revit. >>
- Newforma Project Center Wins 'Document and Content Management Software of the Year' Award at Construction Computing Awards for Two Years' Running. >>
- ARCHICAD is UK's 'BIM Product of the Year' Six Years Running. >>
- Better planning: Allplan and BIMobject join forces. >>
- Siemens and Bentley Systems Advance Strategic Alliance Including Joint Investment Initiatives. >>
- Abvent featured in Sweden Roadshow 2016. >>
- Transoft Solutions webinar on November 17: Design Parking Sites with Maximum Efficiency. >>
- Ideate Inc. Launches Bluebeam Revu Class. >>
- BIMobject App Available in Vectorworks 2017 Software. >>
- Deltek Announces Keynote Speakers, Sponsors and Entertainment for Its Award-Winning Insight Conference Being Held in Washington, D.C. >>
- ALEC Signs Enterprise Agreement to Standardize on Aconex. >>
- Microsol Resources free online webinar on December 1: The importance of 3D printing. >>
- 4M launches FINE4Rate, a customised BIM application providing the BIM power to the benchmark software for house energy rating in Australia. >>
- IES announces the release of VE 2016. >>