This article provides an overview of how the BIM-FM integration was done on the new UCSF (University of California, San Francisco) Medical Center in Mission Bay. The effort has taken years, but it is finally ready and in use in the real-life operation and maintenance of the hospital.
Kayleigh Houde, a computational engineer who spearheads the Computational Collective at BuroHappold, shares her experiences and insights on AEC technology in this Profile.
This article discusses the main AEC-specific technology updates that were shared at the event and also provides a brief overview of some of the third-party products that were exhibited at the event, including IdeateApps, ElumTools, The Wild, and Newforma.
Svigals + Partners, an architecture, art and advisory firm describes the implementation of AEC technology on its "Beehive Bridge" project, a 265-foot-long highway overpass in in New Britain, CT.
Layer is a new AEC application launched to address what seems to be an obvious need in the industry—organizing and integrating the vast amount of disparate data that is typically collected on site during the retrofit or construction of a building project.
This article presents a summary of the key technology updates that Bentley shared at its recent Year in Infrastructure conference, with a deeper dive into the Digital Twins and Digital Cities concepts that Bentley introduced and is championing.
- Microsol Resources' TECH Perspectives: Where Design Innovations & Technology Come Together. >>
- ByrneLooby Selects EleVia Software, now part of Newforma, to Improve Invoicing. >>
- BricsCAD® BIM supports the BIMcollab issue management ecosystem. >>
- Brisbane's Queen's Wharf project wins prestigious buildingSMART International Award for Best Design: Nemetschek brands ARCHICAD, Bluebeam, dRofus and Solibri mission critical in delivering award-winning design. >>
- Deltek white paper -- Email Management Best Practices >>
- Vectorworks Inc. and AIAS Announce 2019 In Studio Render/Sketch Competition Winners. >>
- The Wild for BIM 360: Experience Your BIM 360 models in VR/AR. >>
- 3D Repo Secures Major £2.3m Investment. >>
- Full list of Artlantis 2020 plug-ins. >>
- Bentley Systems Wins Downstream Award for Digitalization. >>
- Award-winning AECO Companies use Ideate Sticky to Handle Non-BIM Data with Ease. >>
- On demand Webinar: Why detailers already use Tekla Model Sharing? >>
- ARCHVISTA offers Artlantis 2020 Upgrade. >>
- Solibri wins 'BIM Project of the Year' in the 2019 Construction Computing Awards. >>
- IES Digital Twin Technology featured in B1M Documentary. >>
- TeamSystem Construction Project Management (CPM) available in the Cloud with Microsoft Azure. >>
- ALLPLAN appoints Dr. Detlef Schneider as new Chief Executive Officer. >>
- 4MCAD: The Smart Alternative to AutoCAD. >>
- eLearning for ElumTools, Real lighting for Autodesk Revit. >>
- CIBSE Design Summer Year and Test Reference Year Weather Data Now Available in Trimble's Sefaira Building Analysis Software. >>