In this Tips and Tricks article, Link Ellis, the ARCHICAD Technical Director at BIM6x, describes how to work with ARCHICAD's new, rule-based, next-generation Stair tool, which extends architects' design creativity with automatic design validation against human ergonomics, offering the most optimal stair designs in the building context to choose from on the fly.
This article collects some interesting news tidbits from the AEC technology field in 2018 including key acquisitions by leading technology companies such as Oracle, Trimble, InEight and Hexagon, new products from OpenSpace and NavVis, and some significant developments related to smart cities and city information modeling.
Last month, Epic Games released Unreal Studio 4.21, the latest version of their offering aimed at the AEC industry. This suite of tools is packaged around the company's Unreal Engine, the underlying technology beneath some of the world's biggest games ...
A key acquisition that Bentley recently acquired was LEGION for pedestrian simulation. Given that human behavior is far from predictable, how does this actually work? This article explores the technology in more detail, looking at other applications in the field and delving deeper into LEGION.
Enhancements include a new Planes palette for managing the building structure of the project, using freeform 3D surfaces as reference planes, a new Stair Modeler tool, a brand-new dedicated add-on for parametric bridge design, and several other features.
- Bentley's Year in Infrastructure 2018 Conference
- Allplan 2019
- LEGION and the Technology of Pedestrian Simulation
- BIM Handbook, Third Edition
... and more!
The digital version is FREE. To read the magazine online or to download a PDF or iPad version of the latest issue, use this link.
- Ideate Software Updates its Productivity Software for Autodesk Revit. >>
- Free Live Webinar on January 23: IES TaP for LEED. >>
- Online ARCHICAD Webinar with Jared Banks on January 25 -- Principal's View: Adopting New Software Boosts the Productivity of Design + Build. >>
- Bentley Institute Press Announces Availability of Practical Foundation Design with STAAD Foundation Advanced. >>
- Newforma webinar on January 30 -- Deconstructing Document Management with ConstructEx. >>
- ALLPLAN webinar on January 31: Uncover the Benefits of BIM for Buried Structures. >>
- Vectorworks webinar on February 12 -- Schematic Design in BIM Software Part 2: Make the Move to Efficient Workflows. >>
- Transoft Champion Program Launched. >>
- Deltek Acquires Avitru, Adding More Capabilities to its Architecture, Engineering, Construction and Owners (AECO) Solutions. >>
- Solibri Model Checker v9.9.3: Focusing on Continuous Improvement. >>
- PERI significantly expands their BIM content for planning formwork systems with Tekla Structures. >>
- Lighting in ElumTools vs. Lighting in Revit. >>
- Artlantis 2019: a version full of new sensations! >>
- Parametric Design with SCIA Engineer. >>
- Case Study: How SHoP Architects Used IrisVR to Demystify the Design Process for Clients & Increase Commissions. >>
- Microsol Resources Webcast Video: What's New with Revit 2019? >>
- CIBSE Design Summer Year and Test Reference Year Weather Data Now Available in Trimble's Sefaira Building Analysis Software. >>
- Schedule a Free Demo of BIMcollab Issue Management Software. >>
- BIM6x 115 point check ArchiCHECKUP: How Healthy are your ARCHICAD Projects? >>
- Q&A With Lean Consultant Hal Macomber: Why I Use Touchplan. >>
- 4MCAD: The Smart Alternative to AutoCAD. >>