This article discusses the divisive architectural style of New Brutalism, which was developed in European cities in the 1950s and 60s, and asks whether or not our current planning capabilities would have, had they been available at that time, prevented its rise. Had governments and their architects access to BIM, would they have invented a different indulgent style for the postwar period?
AECbytes is excited to announce the publication of the Q2 2018 issue of its magazine. It includes:
- NVIDIA GTC 2018 Conference
- Firm Profile: SHoP Architects
- ARCHICAD 22
- Firm Profile: Newtecnic
- What's New in Revit 2019?
... and more!
Andy Knauf, CIO of Mead & Hunt, describes how the use of a cloud-native VDI solution helped his firm meet its aggressive growth target, allowing its architects, engineers, designers, and the technical teams supporting them, to collaborate at cloud scale and speed, in real time, and from anywhere.
This review explores the dramatically improved façade design capabilities, more flexible modeling of individual building elements, better information management, and additional productivity, workflow, and performance improvements in ARCHICAD 22.
This article by Meghna Patnaik, who specializes in Sustainable Environmental Design and is currently a Design Engineer at SunPower, describes a feasibility study she did for the development of solar power as an affordable clean energy technology for an underprivileged community in Purkal, India.
In this Viewpoint article, Erik Pijnenburg, CEO of KUBUS BV, discusses the importance of integrated and centralized BIM issue management, not only to improve the quality of BIM data, but also of the design process in AEC.
- IrisVR Brings VR to Construction Industry with First Ever Navisworks Integration to Support BIM. >>
- Bentley Systems Announces Finalists in the Year in Infrastructure 2018 Awards Program. >>
- Solibri Showcased with Allplan France in BIM World Paris. >>
- Tekla BIM Awards 2018: Competition has started. >>
- IES Case Study: Capitol Tower, Houston Texas. >>
- Touchplan: How to Schedule Projects Better with CPM and LPS. >>
- Architecture Sessions at Vectorworks 2018 Design Summit. >>
- Microsol Resources video webcast: The Value of BIM for Connecting Design Insights. >>
- AGi32 blog: My Rendering Went Dark! >>
- BIMcollab ZOOM 2: The latest version of the most powerful and free tool for BIM viewing and validation. >>
- GRAPHISOFT's "By Design" Series Receives Multiple Awards for Excellence. >>
- Newforma on-demand webinars. >>
- Twinmotion 2019 live presentation on Sep 6. >>
- What's New in SCIA Engineer 18: streamlined usability, advanced material design and extended BIM links. >>
- Deltek's Product Partner Marketplace Celebrates Its One Year Anniversary and Announces New Partners and Business Services. >>
- Ideate Software Leading Presentations, Demonstrating Products, and Hosting Data Day at BiLT NA. >>
- ALLPLAN Opens US Office Location in West Chester, Pennsylvania. >>
- MEPcontent introduces the Stabiplan Productivity Tools for Revit App. >>
- Avitru and UL Announce Technology Partnership to Simplify Access to Sustainability Data Within MasterSpec. >>
- Transoft Solutions Completes Acquisition of Airtopsoft. >>
- Case Study: Advanced Substation Design in a Managed Environment using Bentley technology by Elia. >>
- 4MCAD: The Smart Alternative to AutoCAD. >>
- ARCAT Specifications - The most up to date library with 1405 specifications. >>
- BIM6x Template Kits for ARCHICAD updated. >>
- Sefaira blog: Passive Design in 6 Steps -- A Guide for Beginners. >>
- Cityzenith Launches Smart World Pro for Architects and Property Owners. >>
- Keysoft Solutions Case Study: How Use of KeySCAPE LandCADD saved AEC Inc. time and ensured accuracy. >>