An indepth look at the interface and functionality of Solibri Model Checker, including its BIM model-checking capabilities, multi-disciplinary coordination, clash detection, model comparison, quantity take-off, and issue management, as well as some examples of how it is being implemented by AEC firms all over the world.
In this article, Rashid Siddiqui, BIM Manager and Data Scientist at AECOM, shares some of the internal developments at AECOM to use data science for machine learning, data mining, statistics, and data visualization for BIM, in order to achieve significant time savings and improved accuracy.
This review takes a detailed look at the capabilities of Tekla Structural Designer, a dedicated analysis and design application, to see how it can complement the use of a structural BIM application such as Tekla Structures or Revit Structure.
Iain Miskimmin draws from his extensive experience leading the Crossrail Bentley Information Management Academy and the BIM Advancement Academy program to cull through the complexities of BIM and provide a concise methodology for delivering digital assets of AEC projects.
In this article, Jim Forester, a long-time AEC technology veteran and enthusiast, attempts to shed some light on the underlying concepts of Bitcoin technology, Blockchain, and how it is immediately applicable to many aspects of built environment projects as well as the BIM technologies used to realize them.
- Allplan 2018
- Customer Presentations from Graphisoft KCC 2017
- People Profile: N. Nawari, Ph.D., University of Florida
- AECOsim Building Designer CONNECT Edition
... and more!
The digital version is FREE. To read the magazine online or to download a PDF or iPad version of the latest issue, use this link.
- Long-time ARCHICAD user wins 2018 Pritzker Prize. >>
- Bentley Systems Issues Call for Submissions to the Year in Infrastructure 2018 Awards for Going Digital: Advancements in Infrastructure. >>
- Twinmotion is Apple's choice for VR: Free webinar on April 5. >>
- BIMcollab customer story from AECOM: Managing over 100.000 issues in one project. >>
- New release for Revit - MEPcontent Ostendorf Product Line Placer. >>
- Ideate Software to Demonstrate its Revit Productivity Applications at BiLT Asia 2018. >>
- Live launch event for ParkCAD 5.0 from Transoft Solutions on March 21. >>
- Vectorworks Getting Started Seminar on April 5. >>
- Newforma Case Study: Newforma Project Cloud for collaboration and project information management at the Cunigham Group. >>
- The Olympic Gangneung Ice Arena: Beautiful sports structure built with Tekla BIM technology by Trimble. >>
- Solibri, Bluebeam and ALLPLAN to Sponsor and Present at BIM Show Live. >>
- Microsol Resources online webinar on April 3: Connecting Design and Construction for Architecture, Structure and MEP. >>
- New Release – UL SPOT app for Revit. >>
- Deltek Completes Integration of Onvia Market Intelligence into GovWin IQ. >>
- Allplan 2018 quantity take off accuracy certified for twelfth year by TÜV SÜD. >>
- BIM6x Announces Revit Families & Revit Geometry Exchange Add-on for ARCHICAD. >>
- Sefaira Integrates with the AIA 2030 DDx. >>
- Keysoft Solutions Case Study: How Use of KeySCAPE LandCADD saved AEC Inc. time and ensured accuracy. >>
- Case Study: Advanced Substation Design in a Managed Environment using Bentley technology by Elia. >>
- Just Released! Isolines and Spatial Maps for ElumTools -- integrated lighting add-in for Revit. >>
- Case Study: Use of IESVE at the London School of Economics. >>
- IDEA Architecture: 3D BIM Architectural Software in DWG. >>
- ARCAT Specifications - The most up to date library with 1405 specifications. >>
- Oracle Agrees to Buy Aconex. >>
- Touchplan: Convert CPM to Lean. >>
- Cityzenith Previews Smart World Pro 2018 at the "Building Cities of the Future" UrbanTech Summit in Tampa. >>