The implementation of BIM in the design of a new U. S. Navy aircraft carrier pier and the rehabilitation of existing bulkhead—a first for this kind of project—described by John Gaul and Michael Rieger who worked on it.
The theme for ARCHICAD 20, "A Fresh Look at BIM," has been achieved by a revamped interface, a significant improvement in adding and managing model information, and the ability to bi-directionally integrate with Rhino and Grasshopper in real-time to bring organic modeling and algorithmic design to BIM.
Dennis Williams, an innovation enthusiast who writes and consults on how technology impacts B2B industries, looks at how emerging technologies such as the Internet of Things, data management, and augmented reality are shaping the future of BIM.
Tucker Cedarleaf of Cedar+Mac, who has been working with laser scanning equipment and software for over 10 years, shows why traditional laser scanning tied to survey control is the only method of 3D capture that produces baseline data of the quality and reliability required for AEC industry use.
A detailed look at a new application for model checking, BIM Assure, including its background, how it works, the types of analyses that can be done with it, and its bidirectional integration with Revit. It promises to give fresh impetus to the eventual goal of automating code-checking in AEC.
- Zaha Hadid Architects (Excerpt from BIM Evaluation Study Report)
- ArchiCAD 20
- People Profile: Walid Thabet, Professor of Building Construction, Virginia Tech
- Book Review: BIM Management Handbook
... and more!
The digital version is FREE. To read the magazine online or to download a PDF or iPad version of the latest issue, use this link. For a printed copy or discounted annual subscription, or to access earlier issues, click here.
- Newforma Cloud Services transforms Newforma Project Center into a powerful hybrid platform to manage Building and Infrastructure project information. >>
- Vectorworks and SCIA to sponsor Concrete BIM workshop. >>
- Microsol Resources free online webinar on September 8: Getting the most out of Autodesk Industry Collections. >>
- Rangeland Engineering selects Aconex for Burstall Ethane Storage Facility. >>
- IDEA Architecture: 3D BIM Architectural Software, fast and easy, 100% DWG. >>
- Deltek announces its newest release of GovWin IQ to help Government Contractors gain personalized insight and intelligence to win more contracts. >>
- Hewitt Case Study: Making informed design decisions with Sefaira. >>
- Real DOKA formwork components now available for Tekla Structures . >>
- GRAPHISOFT BIMx now offers full BIM data access everywhere. >>
- Cadimage Tools now available for ARCHICAD 20. >>
- Bentley ContextCapture improves quality of Reality Modeling within Geospatial workflows. >>
- Driving BIM Adoption: Solibri and Graphisoft to collaborate in Germany and Austria. >>
- Transoft Solutions webinar on August 11: ROAD CEM for new road and rehabilitation design projects. >>
- Artlantis LIVE! free webinar on September 8. >>
- Vectorworks, Inc. helps recognize JOM Architects as 2016 Foundation Award First-Place winner. >>
- Bentley Seminar: Capital Project Management with EADOC. >>
- Video on new Features in ElumTools 2017, a lighting calculation and visualization add-in for Revit. >>
- The what's what of BIMcollab. >>
- Ideate Inc. launches online Revit Architecture Fundamentals course. >>
- IES announces the release of VE 2016. >>