An overview of some of the most compelling projects that were nominated for Bentley's 2016 Be Inspired Awards in different infrastructure categories from around the world, including China, UK, Columbia, Finland, and the US.
This first AECbytes article of 2017 summarizes the main AEC technology highlights of 2016 and aims to identify the key trends going forward, looking at where we currently are and where we are headed.
The highlights of Autodesk University 2016 and the AEC-specific tools Autodesk is developing, including Project Fractal for generative design, Project IQ for mining construction data to show potential project risks, and Project Quantum for cloud-based multi-disciplinary BIM, which could become Autodesk's "post-Revit" technology.
Stefano Della Torre, a specialist in the field of restoration from Italty, shares his insights on the application of traditional BIM tools, which are primarily geared for new construction, to the historic preservation of our built cultural heritage.
Chris France, whose previous articles in AECbytes were all about high performance workstations in the cloud being adopted by firms so they could collaborate between all their offices effortlessly, now highlights what has changed with BIM cloud technologies and how they are being used for IPD.
- Year in Infrastructure 2016 Conference
- IPD and the Cloud
- People Profile: Laura Kay Smith, ZGF Architects
- Greenbuild 2016
- Firm Profile: Gomez Vazquez International Architects
... and more!
The digital version is FREE. To read the magazine online or to download a PDF or iPad version of the latest issue, use this link. For a printed copy or discounted annual subscription, or to access earlier issues, click here.
- Abvent releases Artlantis 6.5 for architects, designers. >>
- Sefaira and Architecture 2030 Collaborate to Enhance Real-Time Design Analysis. >>
- Lahey Constructions Engages Aconex in Enterprise Agreement. >>
- Additional Designers to Join Team of Industry Experts at Vectorworks, Inc. >>
- Siemens and Bentley Systems Agree to Jointly Offer Planning and Design Solutions for Utilities. >>
- Learn ElumTools, a lighting calculation and visualization add-in for Revit, online! >>
- Keynote Speakers and Course Schedule Announced for Third Biennial GRAPHISOFT BIM North America User Conference. >>
- KUBUS Webinar on Feb 14: Creating reports in BIMcollab. >>
- At BAU 2017, Allplan presents virtual reality for the building industry. >>
- SCIA Engineer, the Structural and Civil Engineering BIM Platform Wins Digital Building Transition Award in France. >>
- Abvent wins 3 out of 10 categories in Government of France BIM Awards. >>
- Deltek to be Acquired by Roper Technologies. >>
- Arup, Argos Analytics, and IES Announce Partnership to make WeatherShift™ Future Weather Data Available for Online Purchase. >>
- Transoft Solutions Opens New Office In India. >>
- Tekla Structures webinar: Achieve the highest quality with construction-oriented engineering. >>
- Solibri Model Checker Release Notes v9.7.8. >>
- Case Study: Use of Bentley EADOC for Cabrillo Boulevard Bridge Replacement Project. >>
- Newforma Project Center Wins 'Document and Content Management Software of the Year' Award at Construction Computing Awards for Two Years' Running. >>
- Ideate Inc. Launches Bluebeam Revu Class. >>
- Microsol Resources free online webinar on December 1: The importance of 3D printing. >>
- 4M launches FINE4Rate, a customised BIM application providing the BIM power to the benchmark software for house energy rating in Australia. >>