The theme for ARCHICAD 20, "A Fresh Look at BIM" has been achieved by a revamped interface, a significant improvement in adding and managing model information, and the ability to bi-directionally integrate with Rhino and Grasshopper in real-time to bring organic modeling and algorithmic design to BIM.
A detailed look at a new application for model checking, BIM Assure, including its background, how it works, the types of analyses that can be done with it, and its bidirectional integration with Revit. It promises to give fresh impetus to the eventual goal of automating code-checking in AEC.
This review explores the book, Data-Driven Design and Construction: 25 Strategies for Capturing, Analyzing and Applying Building Data, which focuses on data, why it is important, and how we can best use it to improve design and construction in the AEC industry.
Exploring a new solution, Schema from Archetris, for space programming and planning in the preliminary design phase of a building project, which also includes Revit integration for easily transitioning conceptual design and data to detailed design in BIM.
Reviews from the AECbytes Archives
- SketchUp Pro 2014
- This review explores the key new features in SketchUp Pro 2014, the paid professional version of SketchUp, and, in particular, the increasing AEC-specific and BIM-related capabilities that are being added to it under the Trimble umbrella.
- BIMx Docs
- A comprehensive look at GRAPHISOFT's new BIMx Docs app, which includes the sophisticated and intuitive 3D model navigation capabilities of its predecessor, BIMx, and extends the scope of the viewing and navigation to 2D content as well, enabling all the models as well as the accompanying 2D drawings of a BIM project to be accessed and explored from a handheld device.
- ArchiCAD 18
- A detailed look at the new version of ArchiCAD, which features dramatically improved built-in visualization with a brand new rendering engine, CineRender from Maxon, and additional improvements for modeling, documentation, collaboration, and interoperability.
- Newforma Model Viewer
- A detailed look at Newforma's new Model Viewer for viewing and navigating model files published from Revit in Newforma Project Center.
- Revit 2014
- An indepth review of the new version of Revit, the key product in the 2014 Autodesk Building Design Suite, to see what additional BIM capabilities it can provide to AEC professionals across all the three design disciplines it targets: architecture, structure, and MEP.