The highlights of Autodesk University 2016 and the AEC-specific tools Autodesk is developing, including Project Fractal for generative design, Project IQ for mining construction data to show potential project risks, and Project Quantum for cloud-based multi-disciplinary BIM, which could become Autodesk's "post-Revit" technology.
A look at the main updates from Bentley at its 2016 Year in Infrastructure conference, including AssetWise CONNECT edition, OpenRoads Designer, and advances in reality modeling, its partnership with Microsoft, and infrastructure projects from China, Finland, Denmark, and the US that were implemented with Bentley solutions.
An overview of sustainable design technologies exhibited at Greenbuild 2016, including Trimble's Sefaira Architecture, IES's extensive portfolio of performance analysis tools, Autodesk Insight 360, Vectorworks' Energos, Graphisoft's EcoDesigner, and a new offering, Measurabl.
Continuing the annual AEC technology roundup with a look at what's new in Newforma Project Center, form•Z, Sweets, and others. Also, what is the brand-new application, Flux, which came out of Google X, all about?
August 25, 2016
April 20, 2016
February 4, 2016
December 17, 2015
December 7, 2015
September 24, 2015
May 28, 2015
February 19, 2015
February 12, 2015
Newsletters from the AECbytes Archives
- Autodesk University 2014
- News and updates from Autodesk University 2014, including A360 Collaboration for Revit and the Ember 3D printer, and presentations including the evolution of technology implementation at HOK and the use of AEC technology on Disney's Enchanted Storybook Castle in Shanghai.
- AEC Technology Updates, Fall 2014
- Updates including Vectorworks Architect 2015, Newforma Project Center Eleventh Edition, form•Z 8, Vico Office R5, Dassault Systèmes “Façade Design for Fabrication” tool, and more.
- Bentley's Year in Infrastructure 2013 Conference
- Details on Bentley's CONNECT generation of software and a guest keynote on the new High Speed Rail project proposed for London on which the use of BIM is being seen as the “lifeblood” of the project.
- Graphisoft's New White Paper on BIM
- A summary of Graphisoft's white paper “Get There Faster with ArchiCAD,”, and an analysis of it in the context of the current BIM adoption in the AEC industry.
- AIA 2011 Convention: Thomas Friedman's Keynote and Energy-Related Technologies
- The key points of Thomas Friedman's keynote presentation and the main sustainability-related technological developments at AIA 2011.